Friday, October 3, 2014

Michelle Obama

Furious came from the emotion, terror.
She has two babies in the White House.
They are not in swaddling any longer, but to her, they are her babies.
She wouldn't trade them for anything in this world, including this country.
She wouldn't put them in harms way.
Her mom is in that house, because Michelle Obama has to have her babies with
her, though she has a lot of work to do.
She'd give up her arm.
She'd give up her leg.
She'd give up her life.
For a woman like Michelle Obama, those kids are job one, two three and on and on
ad infinitum.
Why?
Because she is their mom, and she knows one day they will be black women in America.
She knows some people will hate them solely because of who they are to America, and to her,
and to Barack Hussein Obama.
She knows the best thing she can ever offer them is a safe and insulated childhood.
The problem is: she has to insulate them from so very much more than I ever needed to keep my
kids from, and she knows she would not mentally survive falling down on that job, especially if
something also happened to her mom.
Michelle Obama may not ever have realized the Secret Service protecting her family would be
overworked, understaffed, and focused as much as possible chiefly on her husband.
When I heard Barack Obama was running for president I had no doubt he was American, but I
didn't believe he was black.
When I realized Michelle Robinson had married him, had babies for him, I began to think- 'he
must be authentic'.
Still, I told all my friends and relatives "No way would I ever vote for him. Black people in the
south will never vote for him. He has babies. Does he know this is America? They shoot first and
ask questions never?"
But one of my daughter's couldn't resist him. I wondered, 'How can she be that way? She doesn't know history. She doesn't understand race hatred.
My niece thought he was wonderful. There were two people I knew now, eager for his campaign.
So I paid close attention, with mounting terror in my conscious mind.
When the President won Iowa, I was stunned. Iowa? Are they setting him up or something?
Then I heard Michelle Obama say: "Don't be afraid for us.  Support us."
From that moment on, my ice block resistance to him as the man, the family in the White House melted slowly.
Back then the Secret Service at least, was the better part of stellar.
Since then, the threats and hate groups have multiplied geometrically.
Congress knows this.
Congress needs to put aside its depravity now that all thus is public.
Would they want the President to lose his family, the best part of his identity?
Barack Obama doesn't hang out with his mom's brothers and sisters. There are none.
He doesn't chat with his grandma's family, or his grandfather's family.
His sister lives in Canada.
One brother lives in Kenya.
Other siblings are not close, not raised with him.
He can't kick back with his brothers and sisters in America. There are none.
President Obama has Michelle, her mom, her brother, and her two children.
That's about it for the core of his identity.
He isn't from a big Texas oil family.
His dad wasn't a U.S. President.
He has no 'good ole boy' network in Arkansas, where he was once a governor.
He isn't a darling of cowboys or the entire right wing of 80s America.
That crowd who worship guns, use the bible as an excuse for hating other people, and despised
the idea of busing- that crowd has grown, and massed against the president.
We need the Secret Service to be all it can be, and more than it has been.
The Service is the state of our union; and Michelle Obama has to have faith in that fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.