Monday, April 14, 2014

Unfathomable

I have been trying to conceptualize hundreds of people, families even, flying for hours over black
waters with no hope of an acceptable outcome for their lives.
I am quite simply unable to do it. Even a moment of such discomfort, such terror, horror, panic,
desperation, and lack of power is impossible to imagine.
I know every Christmas that Newtown parents would like to go alone into a closet and scream to
the top of their lungs until they collapse with nightmarish grief. They have suffered palpable, biblical,
visible loss. Families of MA370 have no realistic symbol of what they have to suffer, likely for the
remainder of foreseeable time.
I surely hope I am wrong about this; but did the plane really drop in the area searchers are looking?
The Indian ocean is vast and deep. I'm not sure we know much about it.  It encompasses depths of
miles and miles and miles of water. If that plane sunk down that low I continue to hope the passengers were already unconscious.
The Indian Ocean has so very many rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, craggy cliffs, slippery slopes,
volcanoes, storms, etc.
I wonder how much we know about what is where at the bottom of that ocean among the things which are actually there naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.