Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We Are All Job Creators

Why do people keep referring to some mysterious, made-up, mythical Mt. Olympus type group
as job creators?
When I get myself down to Dairy Queen twice per week instead of once per week, depending upon how many people I drag down there with me, I may be creating a job.
When I realize I need to get down to the gym three tines per week rather than twice per week,
depending upon how many ice cream lovers I drag down there with me, I may be creating a job.
If I clog up my corner gas station by filling up more to go to the gym and the ice cream parlor so much more often, I may be creating a job.
When I see you on your way to the movies more than once a month lately, and I see you have a car full of kiddies with you every week, I know you may be creating one more sweep up the popcorn job.
Now that you and your husband are both back working full time at GM, you may have hired a
nanny to drop off or pick up your third and fifth grader, and clean the kitchen and their bedrooms in the interim hours. You two have created a job.
If you are living off retirement, when your grandson gets a job after moving in with you, he may
buy a few more groceries at the butcher to host Monday night football on your Bingo night.
In that case, he and his friends may be creating at least a part-time job at the store.
Every job is important.
Any group of persons working a job normally create at least one other job.
Every job counts.
Every worker is likely a job creator.
Non-workers, on the other hand, may or may not be creating jobs.
In America of late, most of them aren't bothering themselves about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.