Monday, January 9, 2012

Not Just Mitt

I know corporate raiders are reckless, but then so are we. How arrogant of us all to insist
someone else form a company, regulate themselves, hire us, and grow our economies. A lack
of government is a lack of responsibility. Collective responsibility is a duty in a representative
democracy. If we do vote, we have done a great deal to honor our duties. However, we can't
drop the ball because someone else is responsible for the lives and fortunes of thousands, millions of us without our doing what we can to keep watch.
When Mr. Romney did make money for one of the Bain companies, a lot of us reaped those benefits.
Many of our pension funds made money. If we don't like the way these companies make
money, we need to say so before we cash our checks. We need to know what's happening while it's happening, and put a stop to it if it's odious. I don't prefer to put people out of work in order to make a buck.
Am I too late saying that then? I hope this isn't a wedding. Do I have to forever hold my peace? Well then ,I need an annulment or a divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.