Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dr.Leonard Susskind

Dr. Susskind has discussed the borders of  "event horizons" at the edges of black holes, as things very different than what Stephen Hawking imagined when his discovery of these holes, born of his
hatred for quantum mechanics, was accepted by the scientific community.
According to Dr. Susskind, anything sucked into a black hole does come out eventually in some form, or it does come out at least partially in some form at the rim of the hole.
For instance, the thing I am doing right at this moment can be mathematically reproduced at the edge
of a black hole, were I to be sucked into one. At least part of what I am would be reproduced.
I don't have the best imagination in the world.
I don't have any idea what I might be like or look like as a mathematical reproduction at the edges of
a black hole.
But doesn't such a posit make everyone want to study enough to become a physicist?
And don't atheists look more and more narcissistic the more we learn about our universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.