Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Detroit Still Has Business

I moved from Detroit from June,2009 until July 2011.  When I left, we had a very convenient gasoline company here called Valero.
A person with a Valero credit card can buy anything sold at a Valero station with great interest rate
availability on the cards.
When I got back to Detroit, I saw we also had Omero gas stations either in the city itself or in the
nearby bordering suburbs.
I assumed these businesses were related; but I know the latter was new here.
So someone here spends money. Otherwise the big name oil producers would be enough for us.
Every one of them is here: Shell, Standard, BP, Clark, Sunoco, Mobil etc.
Then I recall the disappointment I felt in early 2009 when DHL moved out of the U.S. back to
Germany.
More lost jobs for city workers.
Today, I saw a DHL delivery truck driven by a person with a delivery uniform.
Someone must have purchased something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.