Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Holy Saturday

To honor our presiden and the White House, I watched To Kill A Mockingbird again.
I read the book in the 60s, and saw Gregory Peck in the movie. I was stunned, I remember, when I saw how closely the book followed the movie. I began to wonder back then
if Hollywood was getting better, because I loved their romantic thrillers and
spectacles of the late fifties, but hated their musicals, and later their new young love movies
about people in their twenties who had no parents.
I was a North By Northwest girl, and was horrified by The Manchurian Candidate.
I feel now, with all that is going on in Sandford, Florida- our president was reaching out to us to let cool heads prevail by screening " ...Mockingbird" at the White House last week.
But we have to remember "they" do; they do kill Mockingbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.