Thursday, April 12, 2012

The News Is So Agonizingly Boring

MSNBC has informative content. The remainder of the news...not very engaging.
Alice Wagner I find an excellent way of hearing great debate.
Martin Bashir is hilarious.
There is no way I ever want to miss Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, or Lawrence O'Donnell.
Andrea Mitchell can be enlightening as well, and she is so skillful on location.
Rachel Maddow does an unequaled job covering Michigan.
I hope never to miss Up with Chris Hayes early Saturdays and Sundays.
I won't hear any debate more spirited or intellectually challenging, anywhere.
I did get frustrated when Up intellectualized atheism. Atheism itself, unlike religion. IS a purely
intellectual endeavor. For some reason that bores me to tears. Speaking of it in the context of non-belief finds me yawning. I'd rather them talk to God about it, not me. Why would I want to
hear about "nons"?
Then nerdland with Melissa Harris Perry comes on right after Up on week-ends. Her show has such wonderful guest appearances, and her take on ordinary events is usually unexpectedly nuanced.
Right after the Perry show I may be burnt out, but Alice Witt's show comes on to
give breaking news and update weekly events.
Now that Keith Olbermann is off Current, I only have to catch Bill Press and Stephanie Miller
at times on that station. Sometimes, I fail to catch Savannah Guthrie on NBC. Darn
Oh well, there is always C-Span and Book TV. After all that, if I am still bored I have to read.
That isn't so awful though is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.