Monday, March 26, 2012

Let Us Be World Citizens

Now that Kenya has oil, maybe Afro-Americans can afford to send their boys to Kenya and to
Burkina Fasa for K-12 education.
Many Chinese Americans, born in the U.S. have gotten a K-12 education in China.
Americans worship the all white neighborhood, the all white school system. I find nothing
wonderful about either of those things, though I do try to avoid the crimes poor citizens have
a tendency to commit.
I see nothing so warm and wonderful about an all white surrounding, but then; I am not white.
I can't see what is gained by these situations. I can't see what is lost when a multi-cultural
perspective is gained.
I think some American children would feel a lot safer, and lot more camaraderie in learning
environments abroad. They'd be exposed to many languages and cultures because African countries encompass pluralistic languages, religions, and tribal identities.
This sounds like a very extreme idea for boarding school.
So is a grave. So is a jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.