Friday, September 26, 2014

Our Darling Is Leaving?!!

When President Obama left his vacation to go back to the White House for maybe only a day, I
was concerned.
Were we getting bombed? Why would a man leave his family, then go right back? That didn't seem
one bit restful.
As it shortly seemed to turn into a non-event, I relaxed a bit, still with a sense of worry.
POTUS spoke to the country a few times right after, looking as though he was a bit thinner, and his
skin was more gray.
Did he go back during his vacation because of an illness?
Now, I think he had to meet the news of his loss in person.
I don't know either one of them and still I am Devastated!.
Attorney General was crying during his farewell, and POTUS remarked, "You got through it."
I don't know how The General got through it, because I found it a bit difficult.
General Holder did so much for us in the Civil Rights Division, in incarceration reform, in voter
protection. I can't believe how hard he worked.
He even did a lot to get these backward banks to see they may have to pay for misdeeds; but we have
the Barney Frank reforms, and we have Elizabeth Warren, so we need to see how that will play out
in the long term. We on the left may not be completely satisfied with the banking reforms, but we didn't need to go whining to Atty. General Holder.
I have to acknowledge now I've witnessed a true and abiding friendship.
I know the two of them will keep inn touch; but how will they manage the weight of the legacy the
two of them have to catapult into history together as it wobbles around on the fulcrum of their
shoulders?
Massive: just a massive reality for them and for the history of our country has begun to dig itself into
the history of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your post will be published after the author has reviewed.